last update: 01/10/2020
Boylston Auto School, Inc.
dba Gilmore's Driving School
Policies and Conditions
|Our top priorities are the safety of all road users, and providing the highest-quality driver education available anywhere. In order to fulfill our safety obligations to the public, legal requirements dictated by M.G.L. and the RMV, and to offer the finest training available at reasonable prices, the following policies apply to all students:
Definitions of commonly confused terminology: students begin with the classroom session, where students come to the driving school and attend a total of 30 hours of classes while sitting at a desk. There is no driving done during classroom sessions. Students who have paid their tuition in full and have a learner's permit then begin their 12 hours of road lessons, which is the on-road driving portion of driver's ed. The road test is the examination that you take when you are going for your license.
2) Information contained on this website and the Schedule2Drive messages comes directly from the driving school owner.
3) Boylston Auto School, Inc. dba Gilmore's Driving School seeks to maximize public safety by providing a quality educational experience to all students. We are committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, income, lifestyle choices or age. Any restrictions placed on services offered are due to safety concerns or business-related factors such as: logistics, capacity constraints, or cost control.
5) Service is strictly limited to our service area. Our website will be the sole method of informing you about cancellations due to weather.
8) All students will pay a $10 Schedule2Drive online scheduling account fee to set up the road lessons scheduling account.
9) Per industry standards, tuition does not include optional road test sponsorship, nor the driver education completion fee ($30), nor a total of $85 in license fees which all Massachusetts residents who seek licensing must pay directly to the RMV. Prices are subject to change without notice.
10) Accounts which carry a balance for more than three months will be closed. All students must begin driving within three months of taking the classroom sessions.
12) Refund Policy: No Refunds
13) Returned checks or credit card chargebacks will incur a $30 fee for each occurrence.
16) We do not issue parent class certificates for parent classes taken more than 4 years prior.
17) Customers are advised that safety is our top priority, even when safety conflicts with customer demands. Students who are not progressing well, usually due to a lack of practice at home, will not be allowed to rush through their lessons.
18) Under extremely rare circumstances, at the sole discretion of Boylston Auto School Inc. management, we reserve the right to terminate our relationship with students who are reckless or who lack necessary basic skills (including English language) to drive safely, those who abuse our personnel, vehicles or facilities, students who are a hazard to themselves and others, students who refuse to use Schedule2Drive to schedule and cancel their lessons, or those who abuse our online scheduling system (too many late cancellations or no-shows). If we initiate termination, a pro-rated refund less a $25 admin fee, less any fees owed, will be issued.
19) Deadlines: Students must pay the driving tuition within 60 days from the end of the classroom sessions. More than 60 days after the classroom ends: at our option you may be classified as a "classroom-only" student with driving tuition not accepted, and your account with us closed. The Schedule2Drive account must be created, and driving with us begin within 90 days of the end of your classroom sessions. Students are allotted a maximum of one year from the first training event (classroom, road lesson or parent class) to finish all requirements, unless we specify a shorter time limit (not to be less than 6 months). All students must finish lessons by the deadline date on their Schedule2Drive account, no exceptions. There will be no refunds if you fail to finish within the specified time.
20) The time required to finish your road lessons depends on weather and other natural/seasonal factors, the timing of school events such as vacations and sports seasons, temporary business conditions (such as staffing changes, employee vacations or illness, etc), the frequency that you log into your online account, your availability for lessons, and the priority that you place on your driver education. Students who have missed lessons, those who are obviously not practicing enough at home, and those who are trying to finish much too soon, may have a significant (up to 10-day) waiting period between lessons. Students who are not eligible for a license within 6 to 8 weeks may have a scheduling restriction. Log in once in the AM and at least once in the PM every day. Our website will be the sole method of informing you about cancellations due to weather.
21) All lesson no-shows will be assessed a penalty, regardless of the reason. At our option you will either receive a $45 no-show fee, or lose the lesson. Arrival to a lesson without a learner's permit or required vision correction is considered to be a "no-show". Late cancellation with less than 6 hours' notice will be charged a $35 fee. Late cancellations with 6 to 18 hours' notice will be charged a $25 fee. Cancellation between 18 hours and 36 hours prior to a lesson, or cancellation less than 24 hours in advance due to a legitimate injury or illness will incur a $15 fee. The fee will never be waived completely due to illness/injury, otherwise everyone would just say that "they were sick" and we'd have chaos. You must cancel the lesson on Schedule2Drive by clicking the "CANCEL" link next to the lesson, otherwise you will be charged a NO-SHOW fee. No-show or late cancellation of a double lesson (2 hours driving for one student) will incur a double fee. All fees are logged by Schedule2Drive at $45 per occurrence and will be manually adjusted by us as necessary. Cancellations cannot be made by text, phone or voicemail. Students who accumulate two or more late/no-show fees or carry a balance as of the end of each calendar month will be deactivated until all outstanding fees are paid. At our option, our relationship with students who have any combination totaling four (4) or more no-shows and/or late cancellations may be terminated (see paragraph 18 above). We reserve the right to implement a longer student-specific waiting period between lessons for those who abuse our scheduling system.
22) If you believe that the amount of time that you were credited for a lesson is incorrect, that you were unfairly charged a missed lesson fee, or you have any other service-related issue, you must bring the problem to the attention of the driving school in writing within 10 days of such occurrence.
23) Due to personal, religious, or weekly workload reasons, instructor availability for road lessons on weekends is limited. Massachusetts law requires all employees to have at least one day off per week.
24) Boylston Auto School, Inc. dba Gilmore's Driving School is not responsible for delays, temporary service shutdowns, temporary service reductions, postponements/cancellations, or difficult driving conditions, due to adverse weather, holidays and employee vacations, RMV errors/omissions, changes in RMV policies,, changes in Massachusetts law, disease epidemics/pandemics, natural disasters, war/terrorism, death of the owner(s), fuel shortages, or any other situation beyond our control. Our website will be the sole method of informing you about cancellations due to weather.
26) Any outstanding balances due to the driving school must also be settled before we will process your driver's ed completion with the RMV. The RMV no longer mails any papers, it is now simply an entry on their computer system which may be accessed from the RMV website. Your completion must be processed and on file on the RMV system before a road test may be scheduled. To cover RMV fees and our processing costs, students must submit a payment of $35 to Gilmore's Driving School. Expect processing to take up to 7 days before a road test may be scheduled.
27) A total of $85 in RMV licensing fees is not included in our tuition or road test sponsorship fee, and must be paid directly by you to the RMV.
28) We reserve the right to refuse road test sponsorship for anyone who, in our singular opinion, lacks necessary skills or presents a hazard. There are additional driving school and RMV fees for a road test retry. We strongly urge candidates to prepare thoroughly before attempting a road test. The pass/fail decision is made solely by the RMV examiner and cannot be overridden by the driving school sponsor. Because your chances of passing are influenced by factors beyond our control such as the quantity and quality of your practice at home and how well you function under pressure, we cannot guarantee the results of your exam.
29) The driving school reserves the right to use any vehicle in the fleet for a road test.
31) Road test applicants who fail for speeding or dangerous maneuvers, or those who make false claims for the reason that they failed, or any student who unfairly blames the driving school, will not be offered a retest.
32) Boylston Auto School, Inc dba Gilmore's Driving School is not responsible for system outages, IT glitches, delays, errors, cancellations by, or omissions at the RMV. This includes, but is not limited to, postponement of road test dates, cancellations, delays in processing or failure to process licenses, loss of your data, or incorrect permit/license information. .
- 1) We reserve the right to amend or add to our policies as conditions warrant.