Gilmore's Driving School Road Lesson Page12-Hour Online Road Lesson Scheduling Instructions
NOTE: The instructions below are for our full driver education students only!
For your convenience, Gilmore's Driving School uses a third-party online road lesson scheduling system (Schedule2Drive), which can be accessed as often as you wish, at any time 24/7/365. To follow are instructions for our JOL students only
on how to set up your account, and how to use the scheduling system. First, print out this page, then go to Schedule2drive
- To set up your online account, please have your permit ready, and follow the directions below. Don't use the “Back” function. Please note that your tuition must be paid in full before you begin your drive time with us. DO NOT set up more than one account!
Fill in the school code given to you in the classroom in the "Need an Account" box and click "GO". Please note that in an effort to combat abuse and fraud, we periodically change the school code. If you are attempting to register on Schedule2Drive more than a few weeks after your classroom, you may need to call us at 508-829-5500 to get the new school code.
Fill out all the information on the first registration page. MAKE SURE THAT YOU FILL IN YOUR PERMIT DATE. If your school isn’t listed, choose the nearest school to you for that question. We recommend that you carefully limit the types of emails that you want to receive. On the next page, enter your (student's) cell phone number on the required top line. Verify all information, submit twice.
Wait to be verified and activated by both Schedule2Drive and us. This may take up to 10 days, but is usually completed in 5 days or less. If you still owe tuition, your account will go from "unverified to "deactivated". If you enter an incorrect permit number, we cannot activate your account.
- Students who are under 18 and do not have a parent class on file will be limited to 1 or 2 lessons per week.
- After you are registered and activated, you will use the "Student Login" to gain access. To register for a lesson, log in using your permit number and date of birth. On your home page, click "schedule lessons" and select a date from the calendar which shows that lessons are open. Make sure to select AND verify each lesson before trying to schedule another lesson. Do not schedule 2-hour lessons unless you are available for the entire 2 hours (there is no guarantee that you will drive first).
- If you are unable to log in for any reason, call us at 508-829-5500 and we’ll be glad to help you.
All students may log in to their account as often as desired. Be advised that Schedule2Drive records all student activity for us to see, including login dates and times, and all lesson scheduling activity. Students who are obviously not driving at home, those who are trying to finish much too soon in advance of their license eligibility date, and those who have unpaid late cancellation/no-show fees will have a scheduling restriction. All late fees must be paid by calendar month end, or your account will be deactivated. During occasional demand peaks, students who are not eligible for the next available road test will have a restriction so that those who are already eligible for a license may finish in time.
Although we carefully limit annual enrollment to well below our capacity, unpredictable short-term fluctuations in the balance of supply/demand due to seasonality, school vacations, breaks in high school sports seasons and other school events, staffing availability and vacations, weather, social psychology, and many other factors sometimes occur. You are strongly advised to avoid procrastinating, and to avoid trying to finish on short notice during one of our busiest times of year. Plan accordingly! Your best strategy is to begin early, log in once per day every day (twice per day on Wednesday and Thursday), and spread out your lessons over a period of several months. Please also remember that we are providing a quality education which requires time to properly absorb, along with a minimum 40 hours of "homework" as required by Mass law. The weekly number of lessons picking up at a given location is determined statistically by the number of our students at that location.
- Students who are eligible for the next open road test and are within a reasonable distance of finishing will have the most lessons available to them. The parent class is needed unless you are over 18. If you are just starting out and/or not eligible for a road test within a few weeks, continue scheduling lessons as the system allows, and practice at home as much as possible in-between. As you get closer to an achievable road test date (and/or after the parent class is taken), you will be able to schedule lessons more frequently.
- To greatly reduce the number of "no-shows" and more effectively utilize instructor availability, we schedule lessons one week ahead only. New lessons are posted midweek for the following week, typically beginning late Tuesday evening and continuing through Thursday evening. The best days to log in are Wednesday and Thursday. Log in both morning and evening.
- Do not schedule same-day lessons after 7:30AM unless you call us at 508-829-5500 and receive approval from the driving school. Leaving voicemail does not suffice.
- Our top priorities are your safety and the quality of education provided. To reduce schedule disruptions due to the many no-shows that we encounter, all lessons are scheduled for 2 hours for two students, unless specifically denoted otherwise. If the other student is a no-show, you will be offered a 2-hour "drive only" session. We pick up at local high schools and other convenient central locations. Because we don't want students to be "taxi drivers" at the expense of receiving quality lessons, we do not pick up at home. We do try to honor dropoff requests whenever logistically feasible.
- If you need to cancel a lesson, go to the bottom right of your road lesson schedule homepage and select "cancel lesson", click submit, then verify cancellation. Lessons which are canceled with 18 to 36 hours notice will incur an $15 fee; cancelled with less than 18 hours notice will incur a $25 fee, and "no-shows", "no-permit", "no-glasses" or late cancellation within 3 hours of the lesson will incur a $30 fee. Please note that Schedule2Drive has only one price setting for missed lessons and logs all fees at $30, we will manually adjust as needed. We understand that life happens, however we do not make any exceptions. Our missed lesson fees are priced at well below the industry average of $45 for late cancellations and $50 for no-shows. All late fees must be settled at the end of each calendar month and/or before the driver education certificate is ordered.
- To allow for RMV processing of the necessary applications, you must finish all requirements, including road lessons, parent class, submission of certificates from other driving schools, and payment of our separate road test sponsorship fee at least 21 days before the desired road test date. All tuition and fee balances must be settled before we will order the driver education certificate from the RMV. The driver education certificate must already be processed before the road test can be scheduled.
- Students are allotted one year from the first training event (classroom or road lesson) to finish all requirements. After one year, our contract with you ends.
We look forward to seeing you on the road!
| HOME | Sitemap |